Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
We use Marketo across our whole organization. We have it synced with Salesforce.com to pull in our opportunity and revenue information. This is the third company I have worked at where I have used Marketo. One of the greatest things about Marketo is how flexible it can be to different business's use cases and needs. Also, the Community is great for seeking tips and help from other Marketo users. Marketo really helps us prove marketing's impact on our bottom line.
- Reporting best practices-Marketo shows multiple ways to look at your reporting, and helps users understand why some things are more valuable to look at than others.
- A/B Testing-Marketo has out of the box A/B testing in its emails and landing pages.
- Salesforce Integration-Marketo has a pretty tight integration with Salesforce, and is able to pull in a lot of data out of the box, but also has integration for custom objects
- Partner technologies-Marketo is such a well respected name in the Marketing Automation space, that most relevant companies have a direct integration
- Onboarding-Marketo provides mandatory Launchpack onboarding, but it's only for a few months. While using the community is helpful, it would be better if Marketo had a more robust implementation process.
- Pricing-Marketo is a little pricey. I have definitely had trouble getting executive buy-in before.
- Engage and grow customers over time
- Measure marketing investment
My newest company is very new to Marketo, so we are still in the process of achieving these goals. However, I have worked with previous companies who have seen success in these areas with Marketo. When leveraged correctly, Marketo is excellent at nurturing leads well with its robust out of the box nurture programs.
Marketo is far and away more advanced than ExactTarget or Pardot. Marketo is much more comprehensive in terms of capabilities and much more customizable in terms of what you can do with it. ExactTarget is really just a batch and blast machine - there's nothing like lead nurturing or advanced reporting. Pardot is small potatoes compared to Marketo. It doesn't provide NEAR the same flexibility and customization options.
Marketo is perfect for an organization who uses a CRM that Marketo integrates with, is interested in marketing to the leads and contacts in your CRM, and wants to see the ROI of your Marketing efforts. If you're looking for a batch and blast email system...look at ExactTarget or MailChimp. You're wasting your time and money here.