Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used across the entire organization, but is driven principally by the marketing department. It's used to help automate and streamline lead management processes. It helps with speed to lead, getting qualified leads to sales quicker and highlighting relevant information for them. It's our email marketing tool that is powerful and enables sophisticated nurturing and personalized messages to our target prospects and customers. It also has very powerful and helpful reporting to help both marketing and sales make better decisions in terms of campaign spend and process improvements internally. It really can do everything and is used across the organization for many reasons (and is always evolving).
- Incredibly powerful rules and workflows engine that allows you to automate manual processes and tasks.
- Excellent user interface that is easily learned and helps with speed to execution on campaigns.
- Flexible platform and ecosystem that allows you to achieve just about anything.
- Support and Services are not their strong-suit.
- The integration with CRMs other than SFDC have definite room for improvement (Dynamics is getting better though).
- System speed can become an issue for large complicated enterprise installations if you're not careful about setup (they are working on improving with Orion).
- Product Launches
- Customer Service
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Marketo is used for all communication, whether it be to prospects, customers, partners, employees, analysts, etc. (This is true both when I worked at client-side and with clients as a consultant.) The ability to track email responses and take automated and personalized follow-up is helpful no matter who the target audience is.
I have used Marketo for the entirety of my time with marketing automation. I have also used at one point Adobe Campaigner and Marketo simultaneously, but Campaigner was nowhere near as good as Marketo. Consistent feedback from our clients who have used other platforms is that Marketo is simply the best. The only real reason we've seen to change to another MAT is simply change for change sake or because someone is used to another platform. Marketo is the best right now.
Marketo is an incredibly powerful tool that allows you to take your marketing (and sales) to the next level. You can do just about anything with the system, but it does take time and effort. The biggest misconception with Marketo, is that it is magic, that all you have to do is turn it on and you're off to the races. This isn't the case, automation requires that rules and workflows be put in place, so it does require work at the beginning, but once things are setup properly, life is beautiful. Also, with a powerful system like this, it can completely put the spotlight on problem areas within your organization (this is good, but be ready!).