Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used by several departments across the organization, including multiple demand gen departments, customer marketing, and CX. It enables us to market to prospects, accelerate pipeline, and keep in touch with our customers.
- Enterprise solution: features like "Segments" work great for a company with multiple verticals, personas, and sales processes.
- Admin visibility: I can see things like user history, fields that are synced or not with SFDC, and system-level deliverability.
- Customizability: we've almost never (I can only name a couple of times) run into a time where we couldn't address a business problem with Marketo's existing functionality. When we did have these issues, we generally could create a workaround in SFDC that enabled us to solve it in Marketo.
- Tons of options: requires significant admin presence to train and support users.
- Hard to deprecate fields and custom objects: we have many fields that are no longer in use, but can't depreciate them without going in and deleting every time we've ever used them. Wish we could manage fields in bulk, rather than in a slow, one-by-one process
- Support is generally good, but it usually takes me a long time to get Bizible support
- Wish Marketo had features like those in Litmus email: not sure why I need a separate vendor for that.
- Product Launches
- Customer Service
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Marketo is well-suited to enterprise and high-growth organizations that have at least one full-time marketing ops person, and/or a meaningful commitment to a marketing ops agency. Marketo would be a poor solution for a team that knew nothing about marketing automation and did not want to invest the time to be successful.