Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
We use Marketo as our all-in-one Marketing Automation Platform (MAP). While administered by myself and the rest of the marketing department, we use it to serve business units across our entire organization. In addition to serving as a lead database, we use it to handle almost all top-of-funnel marketing communications, from one-off email blasts to continuous persona-based nurtures. In addition, we use it for mass support communications as well as product/feature updates. We'll also host landing pages through Marketo, as well as use it for all of our web forms. It does a great job of allowing us to collect, synthesize, and interpret data from a variety of marketing channels. It's wide-ranging technical integrations (primarily through easily implemented REST API connections) is fantastic for serving as the nucleus of a well-developed marketing tech stack.
- A huge range of possible integrations to develop and expend the martech stack.
- A ton of flexibility - operational processes can be suited for almost any business case.
- A fantastic bi-directional sync with Salesforce. Data flows smoothly between both systems.
- Guided templates do a great job of allowing marketers without HTML/CSS knowledge to develop landing pages and emails safely.
- There can be a bit of a steep learning curve for new users - the UI isn't too intuitive.
- The email editor is great for simpler emails that follow a template, but attempting to customize will require assistance from a developer.
- Product documentation can be a bit lacking - solving problems would be much more difficult if it wasn't for a dedicated user community.
- Product Launches
- Customer Service
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
We use Marketo for mainly top-of-funnel marketing, at least in terms of email marketing. This encompasses both automated nurture cadences, as well as one-off email blasts to promote webinars, events, and such. Furthermore, it serves well as the primary delivery method for our various newsletters. Thanks to the strong integration with Salesforce, we are able to effectively segment the types of communication prospects or customers receive based off changes to lead, contact, or account fields in SFDC.
We found Marketo to be the market leader in both automation and top-of-funnel lead management. The breadth and ease of integrations with Salesforce and other elements of the marketing tech stack pushed us to select Marketo. The guided landing pages also made it easy for channel owners to produce their own content rather than relying on marketing operations or our developers to generate content - reducing project timelines and increasing overall marketing efficiency.
250,000 to 1 million
Marketo does a great job of serving as the central piece of any marketing tech stack. It's designed to integrate well with a variety of services, and does a fantastic job of serving different marketing functions well. Smart programs are able to be customized to deliver complex, multi-channel initiatives that can be targeted and reproduced easily. It's a superior system of record for performance data, and one that does a great job of tracking lead progression through the marketing and sales funnel.