Overall Satisfaction with Marketo ABM
We use Marketo as our main communication tool to connect with prospects, customers, and partners. It makes it easier to communicate with specific accounts based on accounts.
- It is essentially open source, so you can do whatever you want with it. If you have the time and designated resources, you can make it do almost anything you want as far as marketing automation.
- I like the community of users. It offers a chance to connect with Marketo experts even if you are the lone Marketo wolf in your organization.
- The ability to utilize existing templates for marketing design helps a lot when you are just getting started --- especially if you don't have an email designer on staff.
- If you don't have an email designer on staff and you don't like to do design research on your own, it can be awfully hard to use the design studio. Templates break all the time, and I've lost many, many, many emails from breaking the html template.
- If you want an out of the box solution, the isn't for you. It would be nice to have an easier way to get sample programs to pull in when you are pressed for time and just want it done.
- Need a way to test how your emails will look in various email programs without leaving Marketo
- Marketo has helped us improve the organization of our events by utilizing the event programs for communications and tracking attendees.
- Links with SugarCRM to send MQL leads straight to our sales team, increasing our lead gen ten-fold
I used HubSpot in a previous position. HubSpot seemed more user friendly, but that was because it limited your functionality. If you aren't willing to learn new tricks, then HubSpot might be easier to use. But if you want to be the cool marketer on the street with all the new tricks, then you should use Marketo.