Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Real-Time Personalization
Marketo Real-Time Personalization is primarily used in the marketing organization at BetterWorks. It helps us personalize the website experience for our target accounts; analyze the target accounts' activity on our site; figure out what content resonates the best with different personas, and A/B test marketing messages. We have the recommendation bar on our website and blog, a bunch of geo-targeted campaigns for promoting events, industry targeted campaigns on the homepage and various short term promotions.
- Named account targeting. There is a whole module dedicated to Named Accounts with some neat analytics, such as figuring out where they are in the buying cycle.
- Segmentation of website visitors. You can specify any audience you'd like, based on any characteristic or Marketo field you have.
- Seamless integration. When the visitors are on your site they are not aware that they are being targeted - the experience they have is truly seamless.
- Analytics needs improvement. There is no way to look at the data for multiple months/quarters at a time.
- Target URLs functionality is a bit wonky. Would love more helpful tips on how to use it.
- Needs better integration with different advertising platforms for retargeting.
- More leads. Customized content has generated more form fill outs from the target website visitors.
- Personalization of the website - more unique experience and feel of our brand for different website visitors.
- Named account analytics - we can now track how we are doing against the goal of increasing awareness of our products among our named accounts.
We've evaluated Optimizely and Demandbase, but selected Marketo Real-Time Personalization because we felt like it had the best value. Yes, some features are not perfect (yet), but it has all the minimum required features to customize your website experience (and target Adwords campaigns) to your target audience segments. Also, love that we can create segments based on any custom field we have.
Anybody who is trying to do any customization of their website for different target audiences would benefit from it. Also if you are trying to do more account based marketing, Marketo Real-Time Personalization is a great tool to help with that. I love using it for geo-targeted campaigns - i.e. an event that is coming up on the West coast that shows up only to the West coast website visitors.