Two Thumbs Up
February 07, 2018
Two Thumbs Up
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with McKesson Practice Plus
Our medical records personnel as well as the whole organization uses this to keep our records safe and also allows for an organized way for our records to be stored and managed in a secure way. This also complies with HIPPA so we do not need to worry about anything going in the wrong direction etc.
- Secure way to store records and applies with HIPPA regulations
- Easily accessible to look up records and also have many detailed areas of the records
- Easy to use and easy to show others how to use in a training scenario
- Sometimes it can lag and have a slow speed when we have multiple users on it
- Sometimes when I am trying to use it for nutrition purposes it does not fit all of my needs and there are not areas where I can store information in regards to dietary information
- It is hard to explain when you do not have the program right in from of you such as when trying to do work over the phone. Which happens on occasion when we have bad weather, people working from home etc.
I have not used anything before this as I am new to the practice, so I am unsure. I would recommend these to my colleagues and anyone who asked for a recommendation. I also think it is good for the older generation who aren't great at computers because it is easy to use.
It is great in a hospital setting where we work because everything is at your fingertips and we have hundreds of files that need to be organized so we need a place that can hold all of our information in a secure area. I don't think it would be as helpful if we had a smaller practice or everything was filed by paper.