Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Azure IoT Central
We use Azure IoT Central to run our applications for monitoring the sensors we have in our tanks. We have plant biomes as well as a fish [tank] set. We are able to both monitor and adjust the sensors as well as remotely control our heaters, filters, and other devices attached to the systems. We also use it [facilitates] data collection from all points.
- It allows us to collect information at one point remotely.
- It allows us to control our conditioning and feeding systems remotely.
- We can collect data from various points and then transform it when received at a central point.
- I would like to more easily integrate other systems like PowerBI.
- Support is sometimes slow especially when we are doing something new.
- Ease of use
- Cost level
- It has allowed us to expand the number of times data is collected without adding cost.
- It has allowed us to train our technicians in the use the technology so they gain more useful skills.
- We have been able to develop a business model that is not bound by our physical location.
Microsoft Azure IoT is easier to use and is ultimately more powerful. We selected Microsoft IoT Central because it is a familiar platform at a reasonable price. We were pleased with the capabilities right away. Siemens had some more in-depth support available but it was mostly geared towards getting the software going in the first place. That additional setup time as well as the complicated manner in which to expand the system were major concerns. By its nature and capabilities, Microsoft Azure IoT lent itself to adaptation and expansion internally.
Do you think Microsoft Azure IoT Central delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Azure IoT Central's feature set?
Did Microsoft Azure IoT Central live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft Azure IoT Central go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Azure IoT Central again?
One scenario where it was appropriate was allowing us to communicate through apps with our temperature, moisture, and water quality sensors. It's great to have the recordings done automatically and sent back to a central processing point. It is also highly useful when used to collect this data around the clock. One situation where it was less appropriate was in trying to extend our beginning services to other businesses. This is really more of a logistical problem and not really one for the software.