A little overwhelming but worth looking into
September 30, 2021

A little overwhelming but worth looking into

Currently, Miro is used by several people to manage projects and create action items, as well as share reports and even org. charts. Not all employees use the platform, but those that are interested have access to it. It is used by the entire organization and recommended as a tool by execs.
  • Visualization of large data.
  • Can draw out large org charts really well.
  • Sticky notes for notes during meetings.
  • In my opinion, it is not user-friendly.
  • Hard to use/learn.
  • Overwhelming.
  • Improved productivity.
  • Easy visuals.
  • A good tool for sharing.
I just use Miro as an individual user--I am not requiring my team to use it nor implementing it as a tool for my team. It is hard to use and learn, so it is not really needed for our team projects unless individuals have a specific interest. I also don't really like that I can't drag around or zoom in and out when I am editing something.
I exported my org chart to share with teams on PDF, and it was very blurry and not necessarily easy to read. I would say that it was not easy to integrate with other software. I have not tried other platforms yet, so I cannot comment on the ease for them yet.
We have not been using Miro to collaborate on new projects yet. I will plan on using it in the future for projects that require collaboration, but we also use Monday.com as a project management tool, which has been working out well for the team. It is also user-friendly and visually appealing.

Not sure

I would choose monday.com for project management and not Miro. That platform is easier to use and learn. It is also very nice to look at and quick to sort/filter, as well as search. Miro is hard to design and also look at--without experience, someone can get really overwhelmed with it.
For large action items or projects, I would use Miro. For example, as my team is growing, I need to draw out my org chart and it was easier to do it in Miro vs. PowerPoint or Visio, which is where I started. I would not use it for just quick presentations or projects--PowerPoint is much easier for that.