From 0 to Miro!
November 10, 2021
From 0 to Miro!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Miro
We use Miro boards for UI designs and to help with project planning. For the UI design, this is helpful as we can have each iteration of the design on the board so we can review it. The little notes that can be left are helpful for if you missed a call you can come on the board and see what comments have been made and what actions need to be taken.
- The board frames for diagrams or designs.
- The little notes and how you can colour them, green for good or red for bad or warnings.
- The ability of having multiple people using the board at once.
- People being able to see where my cursor is so that they can follow along.
- Sometimes the time it takes to load can be slow, this could be because the board has too many items.
- Made planning much easier.
- Can tell how a project is doing by looking at the Miro board.
- Great tool for user feedback sessions as they can all leave their opinion.
Setting up a Miro board is quick and painless. then controlling who has access is also pretty straightforward. You can give them read or write access. I haven't really fully explored all the options but there is a lot and having a tour guide is really helpful for people who have not used the tool.
This has had a positive impact as mentioned. Because we are remote tools like this are really helpful when it comes to new projects. It is easy to understand and no training required to get set up.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Miro again?
so far only used miro
I think it is a great tool as there is so many different ways to use it. You can do it for planning, designing, collaboration this is a good tool for teamwork.