Miro Review from an IT Company
February 17, 2022

Miro Review from an IT Company

We use Miro to formulate and share ideas within our team. Whenever we have a team meeting where we just blurt out ideas, Miro helps us categorize those ideas and make them visually understandable. Since multiple users could view and edit the same space at the same time, it is easy to grasp what other members of the team are thinking, which helps with team communication.
  • Collaboration
  • Succinctness
  • Accessible
  • Easier to use shapes (coloring, shading shapes)
  • Ruler within space
  • Pixel Indication
  • Reduced project completion time
  • Improved Productivity
  • Helped Share Ideas in an instant→More Ideas thrown into the project
Implementing Miro has definitely improved team communication, as we use Miro for team scrum meetings, and brainstorming meetings. It has definitely increased our imagination span and helped us brainstorm new (sometimes wacky!) ideas, which has overall increased our efficiency with the work, has helped us create and implement new ideas, and helped with communication.
It was easy to integrate Miro into our usual work style as there was no set tool we were using instead of Miro, and it was a smooth transition between not using any particular tool and using Miro. I think it would've been more difficult if we were using a similar tool beforehand, as we would've needed to get used to the subtle differences between the two tools.
Indeed, Miro has helped with team communication and collaboration between teams. As our company is working fully remotely, communication becomes a key factor when trying to deliver ideas, and sometimes it is quite hard to get your ideas and thoughts across in a remote setting. Miro has definitely helped us with that!

Miro serves as a nice communication tool, and it gives a more visual impact on ideas. It helps us formulate the very out-of-space ideas that we might have, and it helps us group them into bigger ideas that we potentially could use. The features Miro provides servers a different purpose than some of the other tools I have used.
I personally use Miro for two scenarios: -When I need to formulate and organize ideas given by a group of people -When I need to create a simple prototype for apps and websites, In my opinion, Miro might be less appropriate for daily note-taking, and/or complex designing or prototyping. A simple note-taking app would suffice for daily note-taking, and maybe the complex features that Miro has may make the app less user-friendly (if used for that case)