Miro for R+D teams
February 17, 2022

Miro for R+D teams

Alice Z. Meng | TrustRadius Reviewer

Our teams use Miro to facilitate conversations, plan and visualize ideas. It helps us stay organized, share knowledge, and be aligned.
  • The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
  • There are great pre-made templates you can leverage for organizing information
  • The interface is fluid and allows you to use the space as you wish
  • This acts like a hub for teams, and allows us to create in the same space
  • I find the team access and control of files not as easy to navigate
  • While I love the free form aspect of the tool, I’d like the ability (or easily access the ability) to make shapes and text boxes equal in size when polishing a roadmap
  • When sharing a large board, I’d like to be able to link to a specific frame or even granular piece so that the recipient can jump directly to the point of focus
  • Improved team engagement during retros, and saves time from creating new worksheets in alternative tools to capture the next steps
  • Enables the team to create meaningful architecture diagrams to share broadly
  • Facilitated creation of key roadmaps that enabled multiple collaborators cross-functionally
It is very intuitive to use with a simple interface.
I wasn’t engaged in the implementation.
I started working remotely, and have found Miro to be a very helpful tool across my product, engineering, and UX teams. This allows us to collaborate in real-time and share ideas and feedback asynchronously.

Not sure

Miro has a more broad application than envision and Figma, which in my opinion are best used for UX mocks and prototyping. Google Jamboard is far more basic and has a narrower application. Which makes it not as comprehensive a tool compared to Miro. Microsoft Visio is a very technical tool for process mapping with a very rigid interface. I prefer Miro’s flexibility and approachable interface for a wider range of applications.
Miro is a great tool for collaborating with team members and creating on the fly. It’s also great for facilitating team discussions and sharing team roadmaps and complex ideas. However, I wouldn’t use Miro for presentations as it lacks the organizational aspect in a presentation.