Democratizing the design thinking process!
February 23, 2022

Democratizing the design thinking process!

UX research process: Remote user journey and persona workshops with colleagues and volunteers. UX Design process: Sharing wireframes with coworkers to gather feedback. Doing retrospectives with my teammates. Sharing design feedback with developers. Miro helps me to share visual designs and concepts with non-technical colleagues in an easy and fun way. It has been really helpful during the pandemic to brainstorm information with colleagues and users.
  • Collaborative workshops. Users can easily brainstorm and contribute ideas.
  • Sharing information with non technical people.
  • Fast tracks design thinking process with templates and guides for use.
  • I find the board sharing permissions a bit confusing. Eg When sharing with teammates vs outsiders, I don't know what permissions they have sometimes.
  • Selecting/adding sticky notes can be a bit clunky. It could be smoother, with less delay.
  • I wanted to save a frame to PDF with my comments added to it. This functionality was not available at the time.
  • Facilitated fast set up for collaborative workshops.
  • Improved user feedback workflows.
  • Allowed nontechnical to participate in design process thus increasing innovation in the organization.
It would be great if you could create a smoother process by reducing delay when adding text, images, and stickies aboard. It can cause confusion sometimes when lots of people are adding content to a board and we're being timed. Some kind of auto-organized feature for stickies would be cool. I spend a long time organizing them in straight lines after a chaotic brainstorming workshop. Maybe you already have this though.
Easy to use in the browser and in the app. Makes it accessible to everyone and easy to get started with quickly. People respond well to the product suggesting they can integrate the product into their current workflows. For me, it sped up a lot of my workflows.
It made remote collaboration fun and effective. As a UX designer, collaboration and user feedback are key. It allowed me to make the process enjoyable and effective for people who might otherwise get bored easily. So it definitely improved and increased user feedback processes. Other teams in my org are now using Miro because they have seen that there are so many use cases. So more people are collaborating as a result of using the product.

All design thinking workshops where user collaboration is important. The user experience is excellent and it always impresses participants. Creating wireframes from scratch. I use other programs like Sketch to make them and then import my designs to Miro if I want to gather collaborative feedback.