Miro is indispensable.
February 23, 2022

Miro is indispensable.

Andrew Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

I use Miro in school as a learning aid, creating visual maps of projects and of timelines. I also use it in my capacity as a volunteer coach to organize my coaching staff, provide information to players, and to gameplan and strategize. It has been an indispensable product for me personally in both my learning process and in my volunteering process. As a writer, I have even used it in storyboarding.
  • Allows you to visualize complex ideas and share them with others.
  • It allows collaborative work with groups in real-time.
  • It seamlessly integrates with Zoom for meetings.
  • It allows you to export boards for archiving with ease.
  • The frames feature is also very useful for preparing presentations and being able to look at the big picture!
  • I wish the “folders” function was more visual and could be organized like tiles.
  • The dashboard always strikes me as looking a but cluttered.
  • It would be really nice if you could link boards so you could kind of “flip” through them like slides if working on more than one board as a group giving smoother navigation.
  • I’m not sure if it’s always a function, but pinning boards to the dashboard would be a great feature.
  • Productivity in group work increased immensely.
  • Planning can be completed more quickly.
I began using Miro when it was already well established from what I could see, but it quickly became a tool that I use in a number of facets in my life to organize and share information. I am probably on it to do something nearly every day, especially lately as it helps me to plan and to be creative.
I give it a 9 only because I don’t know what else it could integrate with. It works well with Zoom, and even with MS Teams it just requires sharing a link and one-person screen sharing. It would be interesting if it could be linked with a data source like SQL to populate certain widgets or if some could be exported as CSV.
It spent really applies to my school as I’ma single user, but when doing group work I often show it to others and they readily accept using it. For coaching it has become a tool we can’t go without, particularly during the pandemic when we couldn’t always get together and could just work visually as a group, introducing concepts, posing questions using notes, and suggesting changes. It’s really been irreplaceable in that capacity.

I really haven’t used many others - Microsoft whiteboard was what I used first but it was unsatisfactory. I’ve also tried to use MS Notebook for collaboration but again its features and capabilities paddle in comparison to Miro. I haven’t used any other products with the scale of capabilities that Miro has, so I don’t have much to compare it to.
I’ve used it to collaborate with other students on projects, but for me, its greatest functionality has been in organizing people and ideas when coaching sports. I previously used Microsoft whiteboard and the functionality of Miro is light years ahead as it’s so much more than a whiteboard but a visual information platform. In school, allowing multiple users to record information and make it available in real-time, and in the planning structure of presentations is very helpful. The all-in-one-place feature and grow-as-you-go sizing of the boards are extremely helpful. In sports, everything from play design to game planning can be done on Miro.