Miro, the go-to visual communication website.
February 26, 2022

Miro, the go-to visual communication website.

I use Miro for architectural engineering purposes. We at KU Leuven work in groups and all upload our work to miro, here our mentors give us feedback on our work. If we have a new task at hand they can post links and/or give some information on the board about what this task might be. This all makes it a very handy tool for great online communication and collaboration in teams, especially since more and more becomes online.
  • Online communication.
  • Usability/user interface.
  • Uploading different formats.
  • Ability to take in real time notes/sketches for others to see.
  • Download speed.
  • Mobile app.
  • Chatroom.
  • More fun during work.
  • Better efficiency.
  • Better communication.
Since the implementation of Miro, it became a lot easier to work with your colleagues and give feedback to each other. This was a world of difference in comparison to just the normal feedback via an email service for example which would be a long and time-consuming process.
The ease of use for Miro is truly incredible. I remember when I first started to use Miro I thought it was so many new tools etc. but quickly you become very used to the interface and it's all in all just very smooth.
The implementation of Miro was mainly due to the covid-19 pandemic, however, after the implementation, we saw that a lot of the tools we use in Miro would also be useful in a, say, normal work situation. It is very helpful that you can communicate with your colleagues from afar and in ways that are even difficult to accomplish in real life.

Discord is in some way comparable to Discord, yet it is also totally different in the things it is good at. Discord is a way better group communicating tool when it comes to verbal communication, but Miro is all over Discord when you compare to the visual communication which is also the main use of how we use Miro, still it would be great to see Miro implement some of the features an app/website of Discord has to offer like group chat and video chats.
I think Miro is an extremely well-thought-out concept that is a good tool for any business that needs graphic online communication. In my experience, it really is a no-brainer to swap mail communication out for miro since it's just way more instantaneous and fun to use. Features like the real-time notes/sketches really make it stand out as an amazing website.