Miro for global collaboration
May 31, 2022

Miro for global collaboration

Since COVID hit, I was finding it really challenging to exchange ideas with my global team.
I am used to drawing out my thoughts and it works really well in quickly bringing everyone on the same page.
Miro boards have been a great tool for us to continue to collaborate 24 x 7 within my global teams to share design work.
  • Design diagrams
  • Schedules
  • Agile Board
  • sometimes the font size changes when I increase size of shape.
  • There is a bug where horizontal and vertical bars to increase size don't appear intermittently.
  • Better collaboration with customers.
  • Better turnaround time when team members need to share information to work in global setting
  • Productivity gain when we need to exchange ideas and design together as a team across timezones.
I love how intuitive it is to use. I only read docs/help when I needed to get deep into an area. I love the AWS iconset offered.
Did not use much integrations yet. They may not be enabled in my account by our admin.
Huge impact on my global team across 5 timezones.

Not sure

I love the unlimited size of Miro Board. I like how I can share with team by creating a shared link.
The simultaneous access to a design diagram works much better in Miro. I have had 10+ users regularly collaborate in Miro without any hiccup.
This same thing was harder for us in Confluence.
Miro is great for team collaboration. Licenses are expensive and cannot offer to all team members at the moment . If low cost license with basic functionality if offered, it might help.