Miro: great tool for hybrid work. 100% recommended for a productive meeting
August 08, 2022

Miro: great tool for hybrid work. 100% recommended for a productive meeting

I use Miro on a daily basis to collaborate with my team. Especially since covid, during which my company -implemented a hybrid type of working, Miro has become an essential tool. I use it on a monthly basis to organize workshops with cross-category teams as well as divide tasks among my team.
  • Follow the presented feature.
  • Collaborate in real-time.
  • Track changes that team members have made on the board.
  • Follow comments by getting notifications on when people reply.
  • It would be nice to navigate with the mouse without having to right click.
  • It would be nice to easily insert videos in the Miro board, instead of links.
  • It would be nice to have a copy and paste from Miro to PowerPoint feature.
  • Improved productivity in an online environment.
  • When the licences had to be updated, it made the whole team waste time because we could not edit the board. It would have been nice to have a warning beforehand (at an individual level rather than company).
  • Made it easier to collaborate in cross-function teams.
I think the implementation was easy. I personally do not use the application because I do not see the benefit. I have heard it allows you to work offline but I do not think it is a big enough effort for me to start using it. I think the hardest part for me was getting used to navigating by right-clicking the mouse.
Overall, it is a user friendly platform. I used it for the first time during a workshop and noticed how the other users could more easily navigate. It takes one session to get used to it but I would definitely recommend it even to less tech-savvy colleagues. I became dependent and do not plan to quit using it any time soon :)
Yes, as I previously mentioned, Miro does really help to collaborate online. I can easily follow what my colleagues are doing in real time and there is no need to share the screen thanks to the follow presenter feature. I also really like the fact that you can tag the people, it really helps when dividing the tasks.

Not sure

Overall, I think that Miro is more user-friendly. It really helps to facilitate collaboration in an online environment. I discovered it only 6 months ago but I feel like I have been using it forever. I really enjoy working on it with my colleagues, would strongly recommend it.
I think Miro is a great tool for organizing workshops. The follow presenter feature is great to help people stay focused on the presentation, even when it is given in an online environment. I personally use it on a daily basis to collaborate with my team and keep everyone updated in real time on the status of the project as well as the division of the workload.