Miro has brought our team back into the office!
August 09, 2022

Miro has brought our team back into the office!

We use Miro during specific types of Agile meetings (e.g., sprint retros, planning and refinement). We also use it for DSUs when some sort of planning is going to be required. It allows us to collaborate and brings a visual aid to the conversation that helps move it along at a more efficient pace.
  • Allowing contribution to the discussion by all members of the call
  • Keeping the conversation organized and on track
  • Get better consensus on projects and ideas
  • It is an outside tool and requires the users to manage something outside of their meeting
  • It has benefited us greatly in our company's Agile processes. It has been integral in giving and receiving feedback and helping the team be on the same page.
  • At times it does feel forced, but that is not the product's fault; it is what it is meant to do.
I think it is very useful and easy to implement. I also think, when the team has an understanding of its function, it integrates well within other platforms (Teams, Zoom, etc.). I wish it was a standard feature with those meeting platforms and came built in.
My company is fully remote now, which means we no longer are able to sit in one room and look at a whiteboard. Miro has effectively become this whiteboard and has been our method of collaboration. In some ways, it is better than the whiteboard. For example, there was only one sharpie in the office. Now, everyone has a sharpie, and are all stood at the board, as opposed to the old days where people felt like it was only one person's turn to share. It has led to much more collaboration and team ideas.

I have not used other products like Miro
I think whenever it is necessary to get feedback from the group, especially in a slightly less direct way, Miro is very helpful and allows people to feel a little more comfortable sharing feedback to a group. I think for things like polls, just using the built-in features in Zoom is easier.