Unbeatable for brainstorming
August 10, 2022

Unbeatable for brainstorming

I mainly use Miro to collaborate and replace in-person brainstorming sessions. My team often uses it for note taking and to organize and connect ideas. We also use it to create diagrams and flowcharts which will later become resources for our customers. Personally I like it as a way to encourage our less vocal team members to contribute ideas and feel part of the discussion.

Pros

• Brainstorming
  • Collaborative note taking
  • Building diagrams

Cons

• It would be nice to have simpler brainstorming templates that aren’t linked to particular project management or continuous improvement techniques
  • New users often struggle with pointer versus grab mouse gestures so frames get moved all over the board accidentally
  • Hard to quantify but it’s very useful to have persistent boards from previous workshops that we can keep coming back to. It feels like the team has more ideas when we use it, compared to just having a remote meeting.
Have not tried any integrated features so far
Massive impact--we work with colleagues across the globe and it’s excellent for non co-located collaborative work. It has also been useful for external conferences and workshops, engaging with people who have not worked with us before.

Way fewer features on Jamboard--it felt really restrictive and akin to using a slide deck. Seemed comparable at first but really no competition.
Great replacement for an in-person brainstorm when using Zoom, Teams, etc.

Comments