Easy to use, fun collaboration tool
August 10, 2022

Easy to use, fun collaboration tool

Miro is used for mapping out ideas, reviews, Retros, and collecting feedback. The whole team logs in and hover around their own "area" . Once we are ready to go through all feedback, we "zoom out" and discuss each team's area.
  • Collecting feedback
  • Collaboration on bigger user stories
  • Group excersizes
  • User login and 2FA. I often get logged in as anonymous user while I have an account
  • Mapping sticky notes to a grid. Everything is very "loose" there is no way to auto-size to grid sizes.
  • It saves cost by not having to buy office supplies
  • It saves time by having multiple groups work in parallel and collect feedback in one place
  • It just works, there are hardly any problems with it, which gives a smooth experience.
It's a super smooth app, that always works well, even with a lot of simultaneous users. The only thing that sometimes does not work is the 2FA auth, but that could just be my account.
It's super easy to integrate Miro into your workflow. Users without an account can join and collaborate (and contribute) as an anonymous Miro-user. There is no hiccups here. It's very easy to use and there are no barriers for people who haven't used it before, since all moves can be followed by others it's easy to mimic/learn from others' actions.
Very. It's the ultimate tool to collaborate on new ideas, and set scopes for new projects, especially with multiple stakeholders involved.

Miro is great for retros, reviews, and mapping out bigger systems and ideas. It's great for larger groups where each group. We usually assign an "area" of a Miro board to each group, and in the end, we hover over each group to discuss the results. What I like about Miro is that it stimulates collaboration, input is not 100% anonymous but at the same time not that user-specific either, it's an excellent tool for people that are shy to give their opinion to jump in and share what they think, since the Miro mouse pointer is just anonymous enough to feel comfortable to share your opinion if you're hesitant. It has a playful style but it's not childish - striking a good balance between formal and informal. It's also surprisingly responsive with a lot of users using it at the same time. Lastly, I just have to mention it's good for the environment as it saves our team a lot of real sticky notes.