I find Miro amazing for brainstorming, visualization and prioritization
August 19, 2022

I find Miro amazing for brainstorming, visualization and prioritization

I use Miro to facilitate virtual workshops. I especially utilize it for brainstorming and prioritization activities. I've found that it is a great tool to keep people engaged when using virtual environments like Zoom, and it also helps with capturing and visualizing ideas in real-time.

Pros

• Visualizing
  • Capturing notes
  • Prioritization exercises
  • Brainstorming
  • Planning
  • Collaborating

Cons

• Being able to run analyses on Miro, as opposed to having to download to Excel to derive insights from the data captured during activities on Miro
  • More maps with different exercises
  • Embedding it into other platforms
  • Helped with prioritization
  • Derived outcomes from the brainstorming exercises
  • Increased efficiency in collaborative decision-making
It takes users a couple of tries to get the hang of using Miro, so it takes a bit of practice before users can smoothly use it during virtual workshops. I found that it was often easier to have someone in the Zoom call responsible for capturing everything that people said verbally instead of asking all participants to write their thoughts directly into the Miro board.
I used Miro as a standalone tool. I didn't integrate it into other platforms/tools, so I can't speak of that. But in terms of non-technical integration, I think it was very easy to integrate Miro into our workflow and the manner in which we go about collaborating.
It has been a spectacular tool for collaboration. Working with stakeholders based in so many different continents, I've found Miro to be very effective for encouraging real-time collaboration. In a virtual working environment, it was important to find a way to give value to everyone's ideas yet be able to reach a decision. Miro helped with gathering those ideas, testing them, prioritizing, and selecting.

I find them very similar, but I have used Miro more and would absolutely recommend it.
It's great for collaborative brainstorming exercises or when you want to visualize your thoughts, even as an individual. Though some use it for also taking notes during meetings, I find Word to be more appropriate for capturing pure notes. It's good for taking notes (i.e., in sticky notes) that are part of an exercise, however. Therefore, short-form notes.

Comments