Miro was not for me
August 19, 2022

Miro was not for me

Used it during the training process for work collab with 6 other team members to do project work. Used the post-its to share ideas, filter relevant ideas by voting and evaluate the thought process of individual members. Miro addresses the need for independent work on a common platform for transparency and facilitating discussion.
  • Brainstorming
  • Voting of ideas
  • Evaluate work process
  • In my experience, navigation was extremely hard
  • In my experience, not intuitive user interface
  • Need to zoom in and out all the time to find the bits left by members
  • Finished project on time
  • Facilitated more fair work distribution as there are deliverables
  • Less room for misunderstanding when thoughts are penned out accurately
In my experience, navigation was confusing and we spend too much time moving around the board. Perhaps training time was inadequate to learn all the functions but the program was not very intuitive for users either. Most commonly heard during projects, ”where are you on the board?”’ “Please bring me to where you are”.
I didn’t have this consideration in my organization but I think that substantial training needs to be provided as the navigation is not that intuitive for most users. There may also be other more competitive software on the market for consideration.
We were able to work on projects without meeting physically, combined with Webex for discussion. And also work on projects at our own time outside of the curriculum time.

Not sure

Not comparable in my opinion. I’ve not used peers but I heard Sharepoint may do a similar job
Well-suited scenarios: brainstorming with multiple members in various locations which makes it hard to coordinate discussion time. For members who are visually inclined and learn through seeing posts online. Less appropriate: if there’s the possibility of real-time discussion, that would still be preferred. Navigation was confusing and we spend too much time moving around the board.