Makes my job easier!
August 19, 2022

Makes my job easier!

Miro is a helpful tool when we need to collaborate, either in meetings where we co-create or define ideas and processes between 4 to 6 people but also when we conduct workshops with more than 10 people where we need them to participate in synchronous and asynchronous mode. New users are able to understand how Miro works in a few minutes. Miro allows visitor mode so not every participant must have a license to enter a board. It includes a vast library of templates, but you can also easily design your own environment. It has several facilitator tools such as blocking elements, timer, voting mode, and presentation mode. We are happy using Miro in all the meetings that require user participation. There are also good resources on how to use Miro and take advantage of all the features it has. As a facilitator I'm happy with the easiness of the tool and my users have enjoy the experience of being able to co-create even though we are all over the world in a remote mode. We can also export the content to jpg or pdf if we want to keep a record of the results.
  • Synchronous - live participation of more than 10 people in the same board
  • Visual items that help visualize ideas and concepts (Post it notes, icons, images, shapes, colors, arrows.
  • Facilitator features to help orient the group
  • Blocking elements for the other participants should be easier
  • More freedom to design environments (Shapes, colors, fonts)
  • Dashboard - Should be easier to visualize existing boards, group them in several categories, etc
  • Miro won´t reduce project completion or improve productivity by itself, you need a good plan and a good facilitator.
  • However, it allows you to collaborate with remote teams and it is easier than sharing a screen or a document as it is more dynamic and visual.
I´m relieved we have Miro and makes my job easier. A standard board to help people introduce it for the first time would be great. I know there are some templates but not general tools.
People that use it for the first time want to have licenses for their own teams.
Yes, Miro has helped a lot working on one project or one workshop with people from the EU and US as if we were in the same room with a whiteboard.

Miro was already chosen when I joined the company. I used to use murals and I prefer the design part of it. It is prettier, with more graphic options. However, Miro has terrific tools that Miro hasn´t.
It is a good tool for facilitating, people are able to understand it really quickly. Also to conduct smaller meetings, sharing screen is really dynamic and you can map the group ideas and thoughts with post-its making it easier to visualize meeting results. Compared to MURAL, in my experience, it lacks this "designer perspective", shapes are limited, icons are limited, some are ugly and can´t change color, font´s limited, and it is had to make it look pretty without adding images edited in external software. Blocking and grouping is a nightmare when you have several elements and need to make a small change.