Great team collaboration thanks to Miro
August 19, 2022

Great team collaboration thanks to Miro

I use the Miro board to create monthly newsletter drafts, where the rest of the team and I can edit the copy, images, hyperlink words, and basically do everything to get a real feel of how the newsletter will look like when it goes out to our consumers. I also use it to update our website pages, so I edit copies and images that we currently have on our website, as well as review the content that the digital team updates on our website. It's a very easy way on working on small projects as a team.

Pros

• Team collaboration
  • Editing content

Cons

• Moving around the board - constantly switching between arrow and hand
  • Hyperlinking words
  • Creating content from scratch
  • Reduced amount of back and forth emails on projects
  • Updating content collaboratively
  • Improved productivity
  • Improved team work
I think it's a great way to encourage collaborative working between departments, as everyone gets access to it and can work on projects at the same time. It's a really useful feature to be able to follow what the other person is doing or talking about when presenting or simply explaining their work. The navigation could be improved, though, as I find it difficult to keep switching from the arrow to hand.
I gave this rating because Miro has definitely improved the integration and collaboration within my team. It's way easier to edit content when everyone can do it at the same time rather than wait until one person is finished editing like it is, for example, on Office programs saved on folders. Everyone can also follow every step of what the other person is doing, which is very useful when somebody is explaining their work progress.
Miro has definitely improved my organization's ability to collaborate on new projects. It has a very positive impact on my team collaboration. It is easier for us to work on the same projects at the same time, which improves productivity and allows us to get things done quicker, which is a great advantage when having many projects and deadlines.

I think Miro is an easy tool to use when trying to collaborate in a group on one single project. And if you have a tight deadline, it's easier for everyone to be able to work on the same project/content at the time as it increases productivity and cuts on delivery time which are always positives in the work industry.
Microsoft Teams, Navisite Productivity and Collaboration (Microsoft Office 365 and MDM), Zoom
I believe Miro is very well suited for updating content from the websites, as everyone can collaborate together on the board, edit copy, add images, etc. I think it's great for creating newsletter drafts as you're able to see a full picture before it goes to the CRM team. It is also a good place to encourage others to interact, leave feedback and collaborate when doing a presentation.

Comments