Working together is simple, dynamic and beautiful.
August 20, 2022

Working together is simple, dynamic and beautiful.

I use Miro to design and present complex diagrams and mind maps, brainstorm alone or in a group, and host collaborative workshops. It helps me organize and communicate ideas.
  • It's beautiful from scratch.
  • Easy drag and drop and resize of existing objects.
  • Real-time collaboration works really well.
  • It's really flexible and pleasant to work with.
  • Unlimited working space with frames allowing to easily reach areas of interest.
  • Useful templates available for quick setup.
  • I'd appreciate being able to resize and format objects following a reference object, like the "copy format" option available on some document editing software, but for shapes and their dimensions too.
  • To avoid workshop participants from discovering topics of the presentation beforehand, it could be useful to have the option to hide or show the written content of a shape (like the little eye that allows us to see or hide password fields). This would be controlled by the board owner.
  • Guidelines or warnings on whether the fonts will be big enough to be read when a frame is printed in standard formats (A4, A3, A2).
  • Unfortunately, some clients feel it is not safe to have their information on a Miro board. This limits the usage.
  • Improved collaboration, efficiency and productivity on remote workshops
We had great training sessions, but as our license limits the usage, we were not free to explore the tool on our own or use it for personal organization at work. When desired, we should ask for editing rights that would last for a limited period of time. I wish every person in the company could have at least one miro board for personal usage at work and then ask for the right expansion when organizing a collaborative workshop, for instance.
It is very user-friendly and has useful features we don't frequently see elsewhere, so most users are interested in the tool at first sight.
Workshops and training sessions are more engaging and dynamic. Plus, at the end of the session, everything is already organized and ready to be used and analysed later. This increases productivity both during and after the session. During the pandemic, this was an important tool to keep track of projects and collaborate remotely with my team.

With the unlimited workspace and the shortcuts for mind mapping and adding objects, Miro is great for individual or collective brainstorming and mind mapping. It is also great to host workshops with Miro because real-time collaborative editing works really well, a timer feature helps the host to keep track of time, and at the end of the workshop, everything is saved, well-organized, and ready to be analysed whenever wanted (no more post-its everywhere with bad handwriting).