Miro review
November 09, 2022

Miro review

We use Miro for product research, brainstorming. Mostly a visual tool to represent all the types of data we find in relation to product and development.
  • Note taking quickly.
  • Ability to user journey map.
  • Plug ins that make you go faster.
  • Collaboration.
  • Permissions can be annoying.
  • Performance is slow.
  • Way to view PDFs/Docs in separate sheets.
  • Improved productivity.
  • Improved understanding of problem.
  • Time saved on building the right thing.
I don't use the app as I prefer the browser version.
Yes, I believe so. Everyone is able to view work in progress on their own time and it doesn't matter if they are in another time zone. Everyone is able to comment and add to the board if they wish. It also keeps everything in the same place which is handy.

Not sure

Miro is what my company pays for, but I like the features it offers. I did like FigJam as I meant I only had to use one app rather than two and I know how to use Figma really well in my role. Miro has more features though, would be good to integrate Figma and Miro
I use in the early stage of problem discovery, it is good for affinity mapping, user journeys, gathering data. It is not so good with audits of work as the performance gets slow with lots of screenshots. It could also be improved with ways that engineering and design to work together, it feels more like a product and design tool.