Collaborate and Plan like a pro
November 27, 2022

Collaborate and Plan like a pro

I primarily use Miro to organize my thoughts, strategize and begin project plans. I would say about 50% of the time, I use existing templates, and the other half of the time, I just create a board from scratch, depending on my needs. I also occasionally use it to collaborate & brainstorm with my team.

Pros

• Simple, intuitive and easy to use interface.
  • Great template library.
  • Ability to bring in additional resources (upload PPTs, etc.).

Cons

• Having to constantly switch between the ability to edit/the ability to move the board isn't easy and is often annoying.
  • Grouping and ungrouping items and trying to move certain 'pieces' around, especially when it comes to a template.
  • Better communication around sharing, upfront notification that if someone doesn't have a license they won't be able to edit.
  • Improved productivity.
  • Increased collaboration for a dispersed team
  • Enabled project tracking.
I have not integrated Miro.
Miro has been beneficial in bringing remote teams together in both group settings or on an individual basis. I like the flexibility of being able to contribute on my own time, as well as being notified when changes have been made to either one of my boards or a board I'm part of.

Not sure

Miro is an excellent collaboration and brainstorming tool that enable teams to come together to share and strategize on ideas. It is also powerful for an individual to organize their thoughts and plan out projects and programs. The downside to the collaboration side of things is that access is license based, so if someone at my organization doesn't have a license, they're limited in how they can participate on a board, which is not ideal.

Comments