Miro plays to its strengths without feeling the need to cater to everyone
November 17, 2022

Miro plays to its strengths without feeling the need to cater to everyone

I use Miro to collaborate visually and loosely with my teammates. Miro boards make it easier for me and my teammates to see immediately a scope of what we have done so far, and how to organize these ideas. The program also allows us to quickly input feedback and reactions to the content contributed by others.
  • Miro allows quick drag and drop of images directly onto the board. When I want to illustrate a point quickly through google images, I can just drag the picture anywhere on the canvas.
  • Miro displays real time collaboration: whether it's a teammate reorganizing their section of the board, or people putting sticky notes to highlight certain contents on the canvas.
  • Miro makes it fun to collaborate in general. It strives to be a virtual white board, and it executes it well. You can doodle, put stickers, quickly edit an image, change fonts, and all other small tweaks that make the virtual experience more human.
  • None so far. I'd caution about creating too much freedom in a sense that it might remove the creative professionalism Miro has so the restraint with what you can do right now is the correct balance I feel.
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • Collection and segregation of ideas are key to organizing our field of work's productivity. We can quickly assess visually what or what doesn't work, or shelf those with potential.
  • It makes it easier to provide feedback real time. We can see each other's feedbacks so we can build upon them, avoid redundancy, and perhaps know the context of the current progress.
  • Since we're all working virtually and apart, the human touch Miro allows (through doodles, stickers, emoticons, etc.) the work not to get too stale. I think that's important for the current work trends of modern times.
I haven't integrated Miro with any other products.
Miro is always one of the first in the pipeline when brainstorming for ideas on a new project. At this point, using this program is a no-brainer for our organization to the point we have multiple boards set up already for past and present projects. Miro has been part of my starting process in work since our team includes this program as one of the softwares they need to brief everyone about.

Miro has a streamlined function, and doesn't aim to cater to all productivity options. This lessens the clutter overall, and commands focus on the task with direct to the point controls. In this virtual age where there is endless options, dialing back and highlighting specialties keep out distractions and confusion. Because of this Miro is easy to navigate and use.
Jira Work Management (Jira Core)
Best suited:
- Visual collaboration as artists like myself will find it easy to utilize this program. The ability to quickly drag and drop image examples to illustrate initial ideas is essential, and the capability to draw/write/comment over specific things make communication smoother.
- It's also best suited for brainstorming large ideas that can be broken down into smaller chunks. The canvas form makes the discussion free wherein you can start and jump at any point of the big topic. The organization capabilities make the overview read lighter as well as discussions can go detailed or vast.

Less appropriate:
- A more public forum using Miro will definitely create headaches as editing over other people's content is easier, so outside a controlled professional setting will definitely be hard. Again, the freedom in editing and expression can quickly devolve into canvas noise. But I think that's more of an issue when it comes to the users.