Miro facilitator's review
November 17, 2022

Miro facilitator's review

I use Miro in various situations. In most cases, it is used as a Retrospective meeting template, but also I am using it for creating different types of workshops, training sessions and many more.
It also comes in handy when I need to create a flowchart, mind map or other schemas.
Generally speaking, Miro's best feature is that it is a very flexible tool that could be used in hundreds of different cases.
  • It serves as a nice tool for the teams cooperation
  • Integrations with other services
  • Great brainstorming instrument
  • It has vast number of templates and libraries
  • Strange behaviour (in free version) when you've been added to a team and you can't create even a single board anywhere anymore, but by default you should have 3.
  • The presentation tool is sometimes difficult to master
SInce I didn't do too often, I didn't face any issues during integrating it into other products I use.
That is the best tool I know for such cases. I work with distributed teams and the only way we can cooperate is through online communication. Miro helped us to create a flow chart for our product. WIth its usage, we brainstormed the ideas, noticed the issues and come to an agreement altogether.

It is a great (if not the best) tool for creating different types of workshops because you can be flexible and add multiple elements like forms, notes, stickies and so on. Besides you can set up voting rounds, timers and other useful tools.
But If talking about slide deck presentations, then I should say that it is better to use more appropriate tools for this. With Miro you can have nice sessions but such features like animation or step-by-step elements introduction are not supported here.