Miro is an amazing tool that enables live collaboration in distributed teams with few opportunities to improve.
November 18, 2022

We mostly use Miro for any kinds of collaborative meeting. Examples are retrospectives, workshops, requirements elicitation meetings, product streamlining and more. The key problem is that our teams work either hybrid or remote, depending on the team. Previously, teams were only able to send or share documents. Word and other tools do offer some collaborative features, but non that are sufficient for a workshop and interactive collaboration with focus on the actual problems. We also love to use the features in miro like timebox, voting, creating multiple boards for breakout sessions and more.
  • live collaboration: use sticky notes with other like in a f2f workshop, as you see other people's actions in real time
  • voting: easy to vote on everything
  • people can follow the presenter or zoom in: miro adapts to their needs (other than a phyiscal whiteboard)
  • light version: some people have older windows devices, on which miro works sometimes rather slow
  • offline modus: I'd be amazing if I could prepare a board for my next workshop on a flight
  • + pro-active collaboration of participants
  • - performance topics with old machines, reduces productivity
  • + better alignment in distributed teams
can't integrate protected miro boards well with protected Confluence pages.
simply amazing. we wouldn't be able to let people work in a distributed way as we do it today without miro. Miro helps us to bring people together for real collaboration like in a real world office.

Not sure

To be honest: it was in the end a company decision. I also quite liked MURAL, but haven't used it for a longer time now. In the mean time, I know how amazing Miro has evolved. However, I would expect that even MURAL imrpoved their service and enhanced the features.
it's well suited for live collaboration in a workshop of any size. even if the workshop is on-site. even for presentations with interactive elements, such as voting sessions or visible time boxing, it is well suited. it is less suited if the internet connection or users' clients are not optimal.