Miro - a perfect tool for agile teams.
November 27, 2022

Miro - a perfect tool for agile teams.

I use Miro to help facilitate conversations and meetings. In a global cross-function organisation visualization, communication and collaboration are the foundation of running a successful business and agile team. With most of our colleagues in digital environments and collaborating remotely, I use Miro to help us collaborate in an ever-changing environment.

Pros

• Workflow Visualisation.
  • Workshop Facilitation.
  • Task Management.
  • Document Sharing.

Cons

• More templates would be helpful.
  • I would like a role we could assign to people who dont need a full license, but only need access for limited time. For example, if our user is hosting a workshop for 2 days, we dont want to have to purchase FULL annual licenses for all their guest contributors for those 2 days.
  • It would be great if you could link with other applications such as Jira, Confluence so that sharing information is seamless.
  • Saves on travel costs, as we're not colocated there is no longer the need to travel long distances to help facilitate and collaborate on a meeting together.
  • Project completion time is a big benefit, the ability to collaborate and share information allowed all stakeholders to communicate and rally around the project plan quicker, this allowed us to go through the different project phases much quicker.
  • Increased productivity, being able to track and visualise the teams performance drastically boosted morale, create accountability and close the learning gaps.
In our fast-paced tech-driven world, capturing the hearts of our engineers and product & support team is a challenge. Keeping their attention is an even bigger challenge. Interactive whiteboards allowed me as a project manager to take standard meetings and turn them into interactive sessions, so the team has fun while we discuss work. A few reasons for this:1) Enhanced Meetings: The whiteboard allows me to integrate various learning styles into one experience. Engineers can learn and discuss by seeing, hearing, and interacting with the board. This equips me with new, innovative ways to discuss the project. Because of this, my teams have become high performing agile teams 3) Easy to use - Using an online tool requires little lift, its very low maintenance. Not much preparation is needed before the meeting. Miro is very intuitive and easy to use.

I use Miro to facilitate retrospectives, its a perfect tool for that. It allows the whole team to collaborate, share information and add their inputs Miro isn't very good for creating roadmaps, they're clunky, you are not able to track changes to scope, requirements or dependencies effectively.

Comments