Miro is MIRO-ACULOUS!
November 27, 2022

Miro is MIRO-ACULOUS!

We use Miro to build our seasonal line plans by category. I use Miro on a daily basis. We start each season by building and laying out the materials we intend to use and their respective ideas. Miro allows us to collaborate with our colleagues on material cost, composition, and redevelopments, as well as colors we wish to order. It also enables us to present ideas to our design leads and holistically build our line.

Pros

• Collaboration and sharing of information through comments, post-its, and sharing boards.
  • I love the ability to add frames for easily exporting and printing presentations - allowing us to quickly adapt to in-person vs. zoom meetings.
  • Great place to gather research and share ideas while still being able to work independently on tasks.

Cons

• Need a tabloid size paper.
  • Better scale on set up. Various departments on our team have drastically different scales, which takes time when we come together to consolidate information in the end.
  • The boards content can take a while to load.
  • improved productivity.
  • Improved collaboration and visibility across departments.
Teams are able to check in on other departments to ensure we are telling cohesive stories more easily, as Miro mitigates the need to align schedules.

Not sure

Well suited for: Passing off material orders Collaborating on research Organizing research Laying out sketches/line plans Presentations Not well suited for: sketching directly.

Comments