Never bored with Miro boards.
November 27, 2022

Never bored with Miro boards.

I have used Miro for both personal record-keeping/documentation purposes as well as for team-wide project planning. One of the best yet simplest features that I find myself using the most is creating flow charts. Supplemented with screenshots of our product, it really helps give the full picture in ways that can't be captured with plain text. The limitless bounds of the board itself make it easy to expand upon existing data as well. All in all, the many ways in which a board can be organized and broken up into different sections/"frames" really give us users a way to best arrange our thoughts and processes while collaborating with others.

Pros

• The ease of creating relationships between different objects on the board, whether it's an arrow or a link to an object.
  • Using a frame to cover an entire section so that it can be easily moved around the board.
  • Guidelines that help align items to the same grid/spacing.
  • User comments and the collaborative workflow.

Cons

• Setting default font size or remembering font sizes for certain features from the previous session.
  • Documenting certain things in Miro has saved me time and effort in identifying certain procedures that get revisited by different teams.
  • There have been numerous times when I have used Miro as a point of reference/memory refresher for previous projects as well.
  • We use Miro for planning our workload per quarter.
Although Miro is not our primary tool for collaborating on new projects, it has been utilized well in helping us brainstorm ideas in the research and designing phase. We primarily use it to lay out what the project entails, who the users are, and what the main asks/minimum viable product would be.

Not sure

Miro is well suited to document workflow diagrams, detail architecture, flow charts, etc. And basically, anything that can be shown using simple text and images.

Comments