Miro is a great tool for designers
February 16, 2023

Miro is a great tool for designers

• Design Team sharing (weekly) where we share what we did this week - we can ask for feedback or just share what we're working on to keep the design team up to date
  • all types of workshops with stakeholders at any stage of the design phases (double diamond) - brainstorming together for the direction - we use some Miro templates - could be for benchmarks/ideation, ect.
  • I myself use it with several files with the different projects I have. Inside are previous iteration, research (embedded slides). Trying to use it as to trace history of iteration and previous decisions as well as research and decisions taken along the way to be the most exhaustive. Lately the challenge is that we're also using Confluence as a source of truth which is doubling the work. Some of the people we're sharing the Miro board to inform them aren't familiar with the tool and not confortable navigating inside it.

Pros

• design team sharing
  • brainstorming across team
  • design workshops with stakeholders

Cons

• Miro dashboard - it's hard to find some files - organize them the way we'd like them
  • great tool for alignment of stakeholders
  • great to improve communication
  • great for remote working
It helped to bring more fun and freedom to boring call meetings.
It's been a great tool to gather all remotely and be able to iterate all together

Not sure

- I've been working with the legal department of my company it was difficult for them to work within Miro they didn't feel like getting used to the tool it was too much for them. I know you have great videos and all to explain how to use Miro but some people just don't want to learn and it's extra load of info to process for them.Also the feature to lock is sometimes annoying, I have to lock some of my boards to avoid some people to accidentally delete or move something but then if I want to modify something I have to unlock the elements (one by one sometimes)
- it works well within the design team because they all familiar with the tool

Comments