Best tool ever for task management, not sure about the "work OS"
January 29, 2021

Best tool ever for task management, not sure about the "work OS"

Anat Kotler | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with monday.com

• Higher productivity and great adoption by the product management team.
  • Lack of adoption with the project management team causes hurdles communicating through one platform.
Currently the Monday platform is only used by the product management team.
We tried to expand the use across the company and add more teams to Monday but we failed to do so for 2 main reasons:

1. The price was high, and the company decided to use Microsoft Teams as it is already included with our package.
  2. Lack of support from the Monday team to help us expand the usage (which I think was critical), had we have the right support to onboard additional users and train them, I'm pretty sure we would have had many more users.
  • Beautiful user interface.
  • Easy to use and customize boards.
  • Automations are great for productivity.
  • It is pretty straightforward to create a new board, and start from scratch, not too many options to get lost in.
  • Gantt charts are not suitable for complicated long projects (like we have in the medical devices field), too bad, because this would have probably been our most useful tool (but we are currently using other tools that are more suitable).
  • Dashboards, couldn't find them useful, pretty- yes. but not helping in any way to increase productivity.
  • Customer support - has been awesome until ~2 years ago, and just went down hill ever since. it feels like the company has grown too fast to support its customers, or by choice is not putting resources to support the small customers. I would have been able to switch many more teams to use Monday if I had someone who could go hand to hand with me in this journey, could be a win-win, but unfortunately this is not happening. instead, I was directed by the support team to watch webinars, training videos and so on, which in my case was not helpful to bring more users on board.
  • Support is very high level, and it feels very fluff.
Mainly because the platform is so visibly impressive (very presentable) and very easy to use from scratch.
Response time (with actual added value meaning input that is helping me towards solving the problem) is not as it was before, longer now. don't feel like anyone is going the extra mile to help, responses are too general, feels like a "corporate" not in a good way.
Very reliable, can hardly remember issues if any.

Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?

Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?

Would you buy monday.com again?

I would likely recommend this to a user who wants to have a tool for a group of 10-20 users not more than that, and would like something quick that would be suitable for simple projects (typically digital) that don't involve too many stages and stakeholders (as with medical products or physical products that require more interaction and complexity).

monday.com Feature Ratings