With monday.com I never have to worry about catching a 'case of the Mondays'
March 14, 2021

With monday.com I never have to worry about catching a 'case of the Mondays'

Overall Satisfaction with monday.com

• Employee Adoption - this board has not only made us more organized but it LOOKS more professional as an employer and gives the new employee a feeling of confidence knowing we have a program set up just for them and they can move through it on their own time.
  • Time Savings - overall being more organized and streamlining communication across our leadership team has been a great reference tool being in a startup environment. We want to keep this simple but we wear many hats and go in different directions so it's nice to have that one source of truth we can visit each day to know who's doing what.
  • Project Management - recently we've started using the tool to manage external projects with our customers and laying out the distribution plan for their locations. It's opened up time and showed our customers that we are on top of things!
We're using monday.com across several departments:
1) Marketing/Project Management - organizing, planning, and assigning tasks to leadership and guests; promotional calendar and sorting additional marketing 'to-do' lists by month
2) HR - organizing, planning, and communicating the recruitment process, tracking interview process and automating candidates we want to move forward to the onboarding board once hired
3) Employee Onboarding - organizing, tracking, and planning for a hands-on onboarding experience. I actually duplicate our board and invite each new employee to interact so they feel organized on the tasks needed to complete their onboarding process and it also gives them a sense of organization and professionalism with resources they can go back to
4) Legal - organize, plan and use to tackle tasks within our legal department including contracts, company processes, etc

The challenges monday.com has helped resolve are endless. Being a fully remote company, it serves as one source of truth for our current users and provides timelines, assigned tasks, and more. It's a live communication, scheduling, and project management tool for us all rolled into one!
  • Staying organized! The ability to customize pretty much anything you want is so helpful because every business/industry is different and each organization works differently too. Some boards we have laid out as to-do lists and others are meant to be used as a tracking process so we're not limited in the ways we can use Monday.com
  • The templates are a great place to start and the way they're set up to make suggestions (like automation, for example) are great teaching tools. I was able to learn a lot on my own just from those suggestions. Other programs have templates but having too many I think it would make the learning process overwhelming. So far the templates we've used have been a great starting block and have helped to think about ways to customize from there.
  • Easy to learn and easy to use. The webinar videos make for great training tools, but once you pick up the basics I feel like a lot of it you can figure out pretty quickly. I enjoy the case studies on how other organizations have used monday.com, because it makes me think of new ways to streamline I never would've thought of before. Ease of navigation is so important and having a tool that works for you and not the other way around saves us a lot of time.
  • Overall, we're very happy with it! Perhaps little tweaks here in there - like recently couldn't find the undo button on a board to save my life. When I searched the topic I did find the area but for some reason what I did couldn't be undone just by the click of a button. Still not sure why and having a live chat service could perhaps made it a quick fix in the future?
  • I've also been playing with duplicating boards to mimic one board and make it personal to the guest I was inviting. I want to be able to edit the original and have those updates recorded in the duplicate boards so I'm not having to go to each board and repeat the same edits. I thought this was selected upon duplicating the board because it states something about updates but it's not looking like it actually makes those edits? Again, a topic I could perhaps find in the webinars or articles but having customer service with no lag time between emails would be nice.
  • Overall I don't see any similar services offering real live customer service features so I'm guessing that's how the industry works but lots of times I need to knock out a board and I don't want to dig through the listed resources to find my answer. Even if it's automated to point me to a resource - that would be better than nothing.
  • I was told by our CEO when he tried to export as an excel doc for a customer it looked really messy. I personally haven't tried it yet but not sure there's a way to improve the formatting?
I would be closer to an 8 but I've only brushed the surface of all the things monday.com can do and its features. I'm a beginner but I've learned a lot quickly due to the videos. I think I just need more time to play around and learn on my own because it's fun for me! (I'm a planner!)
We're not an Enterprise user but a dedicated person sounds great! I've emailed some questions and I wouldn't say 48 hours is a quick response but I understand if that's the bandwidth. As mentioned, it would be great to have even an automated live chat feature that shortcuts me to the article best suited for the topic I'm seeking or even a live person via chat. That would be my only pitfall with monday.com is the response times have ranged from 48hrs up to a week and by then I've surpassed the completion date for my task at hand. When I do get replies they are SUPER friendly and helpful and resolve the issue right there - it's just the waiting time is lapsing.
I love how quick it is, and I like theirs the communication tool built into to be able to tag people - this helps tremendously as an alternative to more emails which no one wants anymore. I haven't had any issues wondering if my work was saved or pauses in the updates I've made.

Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?

Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?

Would you buy monday.com again?

For the challenges we faced it works great! (i.e. project management, planning, organizing and assigning tasks, outlining processes, etc). We do use Salesforce for our sales pipeline management and CRM due to the legalities of our industry and needing Docusign integration for proprietary information and overall just a more elaborate system than what monday.com currently offers.

monday.com Feature Ratings