A delightful resource for team and individual productivity
April 08, 2021

A delightful resource for team and individual productivity

Overall Satisfaction with monday.com

• Time management, better change management/adoption opportunities.
  • Increased client touch-points due to automations and action items.
  • monday.com is being used by some departments and some markets. Business operations/facilities and on-site client support teams.
  • Most frequently we track issue escalations, on-going projects and timelines, project-based meeting agendas, and client outreach in the platform, as well as daily checklists that align with daily responsibilities.
  • monday.com addresses the issue of a central platform to do all of the above -- we star the boards we work on daily and have them readily available for whatever is happening in that particular moment. We have a space to share brainstorms, comments and assign owners to projects, and I love that we can automate notifications. For example, I use a monday.com form for scheduling purposes with clients, and it's great to track meetings on the scheduling form board and then receive a notification when the client has scheduled so I can take the next steps to complete the meeting.
  • Automations - can be set up to notify a user via email or in the workspace so you can check back on notifications without something getting lost.
  • Tagging other users - this prompts notifications (again, via email or the workspace) so that someone else knows that next steps are their responsibility, or they can just see an update to a project that is completed or in progress.
  • Aesthetic - it's just really great to look at and has so many options for customization that make it even more adaptable.
  • Learning webinars - I love that monday.com hosts how-to webinars when new features are launched, and then they live on-demand on the website. I have been able to utilize new functions on this platform as they've rolled out, which is proof of constant innovation.
  • This may be an issue only relevant to my org's workspace, but if I navigate out of my "starred boards" the workspace navigation bar is just a mess, there are folders, you can scroll forever, and nobody is cleaning up unused boards.
  • I frequently get kicked off the monday.com app and the integration with my SSO sign-on has created issues for me consistently. I don't use the mobile version hardly at all for this reason.
Very usable, and as mentioned love the webinars for updates and new tools as they go live on the platform. Its clear that the monday.com team takes feedback for functionality straight to the product team for improvements.
It took a bit of searching when I had a mobile login issue to get to the bottom of what was going on. I am part of an enterprise organization and there isn't great communication internally about where to take issues with the platform, so that could be improved from an internal standpoint.
Performance is great. I've rarely had an issue and I've never experienced downtime on the web version for any reason. The product team at monday.com does incredibly detailed programming -- during winter when you changed an item's status to "complete" the tile "snowed." That type of detail shows just how much this organization is trying to delight its users, and it does not go unnoticed. It's April and I remember that, it brings a smile to my face!

Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?

Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?

Would you buy monday.com again?

Great for:
  • Collaboration with teams including direct assignments, tags and comments.
  • Automations to drive additional action items in a board that is an ongoing project and clean up activity (i.e. when it's marked as done it's archived).
  • Timeline automation is incredible for prompting follow up actions - i.e. 90 days after date, change status to "needs attention" -- it's truly like Gmail snooze function but with more valuable detail.
  • Forms! I think they're great (but they're kind of hard to make!).

Not great for:
  • monday.com is not great for a pure list that requires data collection & no action.

monday.com Feature Ratings