Overall Satisfaction with MongoDB
We use this is a primary data store for data managed by our system. It holds real time and historical customer data, and is used to index our primary business value proposition. It's fast, capable, and is flexible enough to store our data giving us access to real time slicing and dicing of terabytes of data.
- Rapid Development
- NET / MVC / C# data persistence
- There are few great GUIs out there at this point in time
- The aggregation framework is getting better, but has been a weak point
- Sharded performance could be better.
- The community is still new to this in Indianapolis.
- Mongo has made our business model possible at scale
- Mongo has extended our business model by allowing us to grow to new scales
- Faster results for customer queries
- Better customer metrics
We used to use SQL Server, but it could not grow with us. Mongo is allowing us to grow to new heights with a much larger volume of customer data. Without Mongo, we would be dead in the water, and our business model would be stagnant. But now we can move forward thanks to our move from SQL