Monster: the only job portal you will require to hire for all your technical positions
John Kurian | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 08, 2020

Overall Satisfaction with Monster.com

I use Monster to source candidates all across technology positions and sometimes even for manager positions. I have an individual account in Monster and I use it for filling vacancies that are required for my company. Apart from sourcing candidates on Monster, I have also used the job posting service that is available through Monster. I have been a regular user of Monster and I use it very efficiently for different roles that I have to find candidates for.
  • The search strings are very accurate. If you put in the right keyword you will definitely get the right candidate. I have used the asterisk (*)keyword, and every time I use it, I get candidates that I am looking for. This keyword will help me to find candidates writing the same base word in the resume.
  • The job posting is another service that Monster excels at. There is a filter question within the job posting option which lets you make sure that only relevant candidates apply to your job posting. This is a very efficient method with which you do not waste your time dealing with not relevant candidates.
  • The search options can be a little more stringent. For example, only the first two or three pages might have relevant candidates. From the third page onwards, there are not many relevant candidates that you find. If I search for Java developer the first two pages might be full of Java developers who have done the level of work that I need. However, if I go to the third page I might come across interns or people who have taken courses on Java and do not have any relevant work experience as search.
  • The database for non-technical candidates needs to be improved. The amount of resumes that I get while searching for technicians, clerks, manufacturing engineers, mechanical engineers, and plumbers is very few compared to the technical or software crowd there is on Monster.
  • Most of the impact has been positive in terms of return on investment while using Monster.
  • The number of requirements that we handle now has almost doubled which means there is more work being done.
Monster is a very different database when you compare it with the others that I have used till now. For example, CareerBuilder is very much better than Monster when you are sourcing for non-technical candidates such as drivers or technicians. Dice is very good in terms of the database when you are looking for ERP for SAP candidates. So when you're working on implementation partner projects dies will give you good results. ZipRecruiter is balanced in almost all ways but the quality of candidates is less. Indeed does not have active sourcing available which means that I have to wait until the candidate gets back to me.

The reason I came to use monster is because the database of overall candidates is good and I mostly work with general software related positions

I have used the technical support team's help for Monster a few times in the past. Overall, it was a good experience and they were able to help me. In instances when they could not, they were able to get in touch with their technical team and get back to me within a day or two with no need for me to follow up with them. The manner in which they approach the problem and how the team talks to you is very encouraging.

Do you think Monster.com delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Monster.com's feature set?

Did Monster.com live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Monster.com go as expected?

Would you buy Monster.com again?

Well suited scenarios:
As I have mentioned before, Monster is a very good job portal when you are searching for software related candidates. A classic example of that would be a Java developer. You can use the correct keywords and you will definitely find the right candidate. If you need further help, then you can use the filters that are provided on the main page. This will help you to narrow down the search results.

Less appropriate scenarios:
Monster is not a very great place to search for non-technical or non-software requirements. Another issue with the search options that I have in Monster is that I would like to get candidates based on work authorizations. For certain clients, I have certain work authorizations required and there is no filter that is present in Monster for that. Some candidates do not put in their phone number while some others provide the email address of their vendors which is not very accurate information when you are recruiting somebody for a specific job. Expect to find a lot of resumes in image format which will make it tough for you to download and convert it into PDF and Word in the long run.