Overall Satisfaction with NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays for data analytics and for other high performance applications , its great storage provides high IOP's for read-intensive applications ,basically its used in business problems , where application needs high bandwidth of IOP's with simple, fast, reliable enterprise level SAN storage. The scope of this storage in our case to to provide high IOP's to analytics and video surveillance application servers
- Netapp EF series storage basically used for high bandwidth like data analytics
- Netapp EF series Flash arrays provide high IOPS with low latency for mixed workload application
- NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is also used for fast backup and restore of different applications
- NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays basically provides high bandwidth that's basically used for high end application , but still there are lot of application needs to be run on low/medium bandwidth , for that , there some low/medium IOP's disk need be integrated in storage.
- NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays are accessed NetApp SANtricity Web Services Proxy. which is separate tool or agent , its better we can access the GUI vi browser without any tool or agent.
- NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays, need to perform additional configurations for multipathing that's not required in other storage
- The positive impact , its better storage in term of performance (high IOP's , data protection featuure )as compare to other storage in this segment
- The negative point is , series storage can be only use for only high end application , its not usable for low end applications and for other purposes .
- The Price of this series storage is bit high , every organisation will not able to use it
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays provide high IOP's , data protection and other features which makes this storage different from other storage in the enterprise segment , I also worked on IBM DS8K storage and IBM flash storage , But If i compare both of them on basis of performance and feature , I feel Netapp EF series is far better in this segment , I highly recommend Netapp EF series storage , where we required highly IOPS and bandwidth.
Do you think NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays's feature set?
Did NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays go as expected?
Would you buy NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays again?
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is useful for the application that required high badwidth , IOP's like Video surveillance, analytics (hadoop), online transaction processing applications, fast data backup and restore. NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is less appropriate for the application that required low/medium IOP's . i.e log collection application server, snapshot collection ... etc.