Overall Satisfaction with New Relic Insights
Our engineering department uses it to measure traffic, analyze scraping of our website, and bug detection. For speed optimization, there was nothing that compares - we use it to find bottlenecks in our web application, and adjust accordingly. New Relic was used to make decisions about where to put our efforts, whether to spend some time in the code in the front or backend, or whether we needed to spend some time in Ops, adjusting Nginx, or adding another server.
- Clear analytics tools for understanding historical traffic
- Invaluable in debugging errors on the production webstie
- Pinpoints exactly where the slow parts of our web application were
- Web interface can be overwhelming at first - not very user friendly
- Very expensive pricing for some key features
- Plugin management can be tricky
- We use New Relic to change how users engaged with our website, resulting in higher conversion rates in registration
- Higher conversion rates of ad clicks were another result of our use of New Relic Insights
New Relic Insights helps a user visually understand what is going on in their network. We used it to map user behavior to ad clicks so we could adjust our decisions around ad placement. If you need to use their API for importing files be warned: Their API fails silently, and so if you have an ETL regularly pushing data to them, you wouldn't know if it ever breaks.