April 09, 2021
Score 9 out of 10
- Nutanix AHV
- Nutanix Acropolis
- Nutanix Prism
Overall Satisfaction with Nutanix AOS
Nutanix [AOS] is being used by how for the hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) environment which consolidates the server and storage resources into a single virtualized server environment. It is being used to replace the legacy physical server environment with a high performance virtualized server environment. The advantage of using the software is that it simplifies the environment since when we need to grow our storage capacity we automatically add additional server resources which improves performance as we scale the environment. Nutanix [AOS] is being used for Mission Critical Business Applications such as SAP ERP, CRM, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint etc.
- Nutanix [AOS] scales very well
- Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor is included as part of the software package which saves costs
- Nutanix has very good management tools
- Nutanix has built-in intelligence which provides insight into the environment
- Costs seems to be a bit high compared to other HCI solutions such as Microsoft Azure Stack HCI.
- It is a highly redundant solution
- Nutanix [AOS] provides a simple easy to manage HCI platform with a reduced TCO and an increased ROI
- Centralized management solution of consolidated sever and storage solution in a virtualized environment which minimizes wastage of valuable resourses
- Offers businesses the agility and flexibility to run other virtualized platforms on the Nutanix environment
Nutanix [AOS] is a leader in the HCI industry and it becomes evident after deploying the software. The solution runs effortlessly and can scale seamlessly. We ran the Nutanix solution on Lenovo Servers and since Lenovo has a close working relationship with Nutanix, you can procure the Nutanix software directly from Lenovo as part of your Lenovo HCI solution. The advantage of going this route is that the hardware has been tested and verified by Lenovo that it is thus certified for Nutanix. The support is then also directly with Lenovo for both hardware and software.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
Since the high-performance solution will be hosting business-critical applications reliability, linear scalability, performance, and brand reputation were key requirements and Nutanix [AOS] met all of the business requirements.
You can definitively notice that certain applications may run faster especially if you came from a non-virtualized server environment as you can now increase system resources as and when required. Also the intelligence and reporting on Nutanix [AOS] can provide you with insight whether applications require additional resources to run optimally.
Nutanix [AOS] is well-suited for virtualized environments requiring high performance computing with the flexibility to scale and grow the environment well into the future. The applications that can run on Nutanix is typically your business critical applications such ERP, CRM, BI, Microsoft Exchange On-premise, etc. If your application can run in a virtualized environment, it can then most likely run on Nutanix [AOS]. If you business requires an intelligent virtualized platform with insight into how the underlying infrastructure is performing, then Nutanix [AOS] has very good management tools which can provide these type of reports.