Video Screen Recording for Business and Personal Use
Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Video Screen Recording for Business and Personal Use

Overall Satisfaction with OBS Studio

OBS Studio is a fantastic screen-capturing program that is not utilized by my department or whole organization, but rather me personally in order to effectively teach my students various aspects of technology in the classroom. I utilize it to screen capture completing various step-by-step activities that I then create a video with in order to be able to constantly reuse them for future classes. It has done wonders for project completion in my classes! While the video is playing I can translate the information in Spanish for my non-English speaking students or even walk individual students through the process.
  • Ease of use.
  • Performance.
  • Overwhelming layout
  • Sometimes the program continues to screen record even when it has been stopped, saving way too many videos.
  • Better instruction.
  • Creating beneficial resources.
Honestly, OBS Studio is the only screen and video recording software I have used. I have enjoyed it so much, that I actually prefer to stick with it and not seek other resources. It is fast, effective, and efficient in creating video resources that can be used both in a personal and a professional setting!
OBS Studio has been so easy to use that I have not had a need to reach out for support with the program. Actually, I am unsure if the program even offers any sort of support for its use, though I am sure that it does in some way. I give them a thumbs up for creating a program that, thus far, has not needed support.

Do you think OBS Studio delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with OBS Studio's feature set?

Did OBS Studio live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of OBS Studio go as expected?

Would you buy OBS Studio again?

OBS Studio is a fantastic program to create screenshot videos that enable one to help create step-by-step videos for users. It could be quite beneficial for other uses, as well, especially those that are doing reviews or demonstrations for an internet following. Honestly, any type of video recording and streaming would find this program to be quite useful. Additionally, it would be useful for personal use and business!