Omnify PLM in a Contract Manufacturing Environment for Med Device
Brendon McGovern | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2020

Omnify PLM in a Contract Manufacturing Environment for Med Device

Overall Satisfaction with Omnify

As a contract manufacturer, we use Omnify as a PLM to mimic our customer Design History File. We create and control PNs, control revisions of documents (internal and external), and also use it for change orders. We use it as our QMS to handle MRB, CAPAs, and use it to develop customer metrics.
  • BOM management
  • Processing of Engineering Change Orders
  • Managing and linking trainings electronically vs. paper based
  • Inbox is flooded with "action items" that are not actually for me
  • I find the search tools can be a little cumbersome
  • I wish more items could be pinned to the home screen/ personal dashboard
  • As with many big changes in Business systems, the learning curve was steep.
  • Omnify significantly reduced the amount of paper purchased each month by the company.
  • It created many efficiencies in processing change orders.
  • We were not able integrate our electronic manufacturing execution system with our PLM and ERP.
  • Arena
One of my customers utilizes Arena Solutions as their PLM, and I find Omnify to be better. That may just because we utilize more aspects and features of Omnify than they do in Arena. They are a smaller company than we are, so I am not sure how their IT group is structured to implement widespread Business System management.
I know we have had an issue with Omnify working on Google Chrome for almost a year, and there still has not been a resolution to the problem. I do believe this has been escalated to get a resolution with Omnify, but a solution has not been presented to us yet. It just makes utilization of links a little frustrating when Chrome is my default browser.

Do you think Omnify Empower PLM delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Omnify Empower PLM's feature set?

Did Omnify Empower PLM live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Omnify Empower PLM go as expected?

Would you buy Omnify Empower PLM again?

BarTender, Arena, Epicor ERP, Globalscape Enhanced File Transfer (EFT)
Omnify is a great product as a PLM, We were able to integrate it with the ERP system that was best suited for our business. This switch from paper based DHF to electronic has made so many improvements to efficiency it cannot be understated. Just the amount of paper we no longer use each year is hard to believe.