Overall Satisfaction with Paligo
We use Paligo as our mission-critical authoring tool. It is a CCMS that enables our globally diverse team to work together to create various documentation deliverables in a topic-based method, with different writers working on the same publication, the same chapter, and sometimes the same topic in an efficient and consistent manner. It is based on the open-source DocBook schema, so if you change your mind a few years down the road, you are not locked into Paligo but can migrate with minimal expense and time. Paligo does single-sourcing better than other CCMS tools, creating beautiful PDFs out of the box and with easy customization, HTML5 for product Help, Word, SCORM, and more. It integrates perfectly with Zendesk, letting us push out 100s of new articles and articles updates in minutes. It has integration with AWS S3, GitHub, Memsource, and many other third-party tools for delivery and storage. L10N features are built-in and easier to use than in other CCMS and CMS tools. Variables are centralized and easy to manage with variable sets and variants for parallel publishing to OEMs and simultaneous versions. It has an easy-to-use XML interface if you want to get into the backend, and a nice WYSIWYG interface if you want to create content simply. The best thing about Paligo is its Best-In-Class Support and Customer Success. Actually, it's everyone at Paligo. Though Paligo has grown in the past couple of years, it still offers the awesome responsive expert solutions that it did when it was newer. For any team of technical writers, I highly recommend Paligo.
- Single-source quickly and well out of the box.
- Attributes in the content for conditional publishing.
- Quick previews with publishing and variable settings, for efficient debugging.
- Responsive expert support.
- Extensive integrations.
- Re-use features for consistency among writers.
- Review features.
- Translation features.
- Push to Zendesk can add new image files each time or delete all attachments. Missing feature to delete only image attachments and keep external attachments (more of a Zendesk issue than Paligo issue).
- Role-based access control.
- Mirror servers, so that team members in different continents do not have a slower connection to the instance on the cloud.
- Before we had Paligo, we didn't have a professional tool. We were using Google docs and creating ugly PDFs that took days to manipulate. Paligo lets us publish to multiple formats and integrated platforms in minutes, with professional results.
- Paligo's built-in translation features let us deliver translated documents for expos, datasheets, and users with minimal cost and time.
- Paligo lets us work as a team. When one project becomes urgent, the team comes together in a doc sprint and completes the project with everyone contributing. The final deliverables are professional and fast. In short, Paligo enables us to join the Agile teams and deliver on time, with quality.
Better Support than any of the others; Ability to migrate at cost (unlike AIT and Flare); Teamwork and centralized variables (unlike Word, Google Docs, FM); Diff and Revert (must-have feature); L10N features (better than all others).
Do you think Paligo delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Paligo's feature set?
Did Paligo live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Paligo go as expected?
Would you buy Paligo again?
Paligo is less suitable for solo writers unless you are a contractor with many customers, in which case it would be a great tool! For teams, this is the best CCMS I have used (compared to AuthorIt and Flare) and is much better than Word, FrameMaker, or similar, which are not designed for team use. The biggest reason for going with Paligo is the people. I've never had such a positive experience with any company's support. They are fast and give great help. When running into issues with integrated platforms, they don't say they can't help - they just take on the problem and send a solution. Everyone at Paligo listens. And they follow up with real actions. I would recommend Paligo for this reason to any technical writing team.
- Create and maintain user guides in PDF, HTML5, and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain release notes in landscape PDF and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain translation PDFs and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain enablement materials.
- Automated documentation from product source to Paligo with python scripts and Paligo API.