Overall Satisfaction with Paycor
- Paycor's strength is customer service. Our client services team knows our company's payroll and HR needs and is always there to answer our questions and provide guidance. There is a real relationship built there and it makes a huge difference to know the person on the other end of the line is always the same and knows the history of your concerns.
- Paycor's products are constantly being improved. They truly listen to their clients and make every effort to assure that ongoing enhancements to their products address specific needs that clients have. Their marketing and development teams interact with clients on feedback forums and in user focus groups. It's an amazing feeling to make a suggestion for an improvement and see it come to life in a future upgrade!
- The ability to add custom fields to both the HR and Payroll applications has proven to be a valuable tool for our company, as it's allowed us to eliminate external spreadsheets and databases and make Paycor the single repository of data that previously was scattered throughout the company.
- The interface between Payroll and HR still has room for improvement, there are many cases where this interface only goes one way, and there should never be a need to enter the same data in two places.
- The local tax functionality, while extensive, is cumbersome to use and requires far too many steps.
- Imports from outside of Paycor are inconsistent - some things are easily imported and others are awkward. The newly added onboarding module only connects to Payroll and not to HR, which requires extensive duplicate entry. The newly added performance review module is similarly lacking in features.
- The lack of support for foreign addresses is a source of ongoing frustration for us.
- We have been able to eliminate many external spreadsheets and databases and consolidate data into Paycor
- Automated carrier feeds have simplified benefit administration and reduced our workload
- Online open enrollment has been a huge time saver for us and our employees have been very happy with the level of employee self service available
- Paycor's ability to export data to other products has allowed us to synchronize data across multiple platforms within the company and assure that changes made in Paycor are reflected in our other systems.
We used Ceridian's Source Assist and later the HR/Payroll Latitude web Products for over ten years.
Customer support at Ceridian was a big reason we chose to leave, and Paycor's dedication to client satisfaction has not disappointed us.
The lack of flexibility in Ceridian's platform always frustrated us and Paycor makes it easy to customize the product to meet our needs, instead of having to modify our requirements to fit the product's abilities.
At Ceridian it seemed that changes, when made, rarely made things easier for us. We have been pleased to find that Paycor listens to client concerns and makes changes that make life easier.
Paycor Feature Ratings
- We have been able to use custom fields to replace several external reports that were being prepared manually
- We have been able to use custom fields to track foreign addresses and other data for individuals not being paid in the US in order to include them on consolidated reporting without manual tracking
- We have been able to prepare a custom report that is used to create a complicated month-end accrual journal entry
- We are hoping to use manager self service to automate internal transfers and approvals
- We are hoping to track performance reviews soon
Evaluating Paycor and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Third-party Reviews
- Bringing HR up later than payroll was a HUGE misstep and it took us several weeks to get the data in synch. The integration between payroll and HR is not full and it would have worked much better to go the other way.
- There were unexpected issues related to the funding process and we were surprised to be required to obtain a letter of credit.
- History data was compromised due to poor efforts by our previous provider.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Importing to the pay grid is a SNAP compared to our previous provider
- It's still amazing to me how well the employer 401K match accrual works. In five years' work we never managed this at our other provider
- GL maintenance is getting much better