Paycor Review

• Scheduling
  • Time & Attendance
  • Payroll & Tax Software

Overall Satisfaction with Paycor

We use Paycor to keep track of hours worked for our hourly employees. We also use it to keep track of what department our employees are clocking into. We also use it to keep track of certificates and training that our employees have to complete. We also use the reporting aspect of Paycor almost every day. Paycor is a very useful resource when you need to keep track of items.
  • Onboarding
  • Punch Profiles
  • Fees
  • Reporting

Do you think Paycor delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Paycor's feature set?

Did Paycor live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Paycor go as expected?

Would you buy Paycor again?

• Paycor makes the onboarding faster
  • Employees are not happy with the Paycor fees when they have an ACH Return
  • Reporting is great, but I wish you could run a report of when employees last punched in/out
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - Anytime we need to know something about an employee we can easily look it up instead of searching through paper files to find out. Paycor makes the onboarding time faster, if the employee is responsible enough to follow up with it.
Paycor used to be super easy to use, except they just updated the whole website and now it is not user friendly or easy to navigate. They have added a button which allows you to witch back to the old navigation, but I am not sure how long this function will be available.
Paycor is great for any company that has the same employee clocking into multiple positions. Although it can be confusing getting it set up but once you know what you are doing it is pretty easy. Paycor also has increased their fees for payroll mistakes, such as wrong direct deposit accounts.

Paycor Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Pay calculation
Direct deposit files
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Tracking of all physical assets
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans
Duplicate Candidate Prevention
Applicant Tracking
Notifications and Alerts

Using Paycor

Everyone in our organization has access to Paycor. Depending on their role, they have limited access, but everyone is encouraged to create an account.
2 - Someone who is quick at learning new things and is willing to put in the effort to learn something new. Paycor cannot be learned in a time and it takes some trail and error to understand the best way to use Paycor.
  • onboarding
  • terminations
  • Document storage
  • Certification tracking
  • reporting for random things
  • We might try to use Paycor to schedule our employee's shifts
Paycor is getting expensive for what we use it for.

Evaluating Paycor and Competitors

• Product Features
I believe the features that Paycor offers was the deciding factor in deciding to go with Paycor as our main software
We will probably look at what Paycor offers us and the price of it compared to other Payroll software

Paycor Training

I personally did not receive training on Paycor when i first started. A lot of it was learning as I went. Although Paycor does have training on how to use their system, it seemed like a lot of time and effort to go through all of their training modules and was easy to learn as I went along

Configuring Paycor

Paycor does have a lot of configuration with the programs they offer. However they charge you for every little thing per active employee per month. So even if the employee does not need the function, they still charge you. An example of this would be the benefits calculator. We only offer benefits to full time staff and Paycor would charge us for the part time staff even though we do not need the product for them.
I think this would depend on the company.
Some - we have done small customizations to the interface - I was not apart of that.

Paycor Support

The Paycor support team is easy to get in to touch with and they always have the answers that I need.
ProsCons
Quick Resolution
Good followup
Knowledgeable team
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Quick Initial Response
None
I am not sure if we have premium support
The support team at Paycor always goes above and beyond when trying to solve and answer or a question. I've never really had a an issue go unsolved with them.

Using Paycor

• onboarding
  • terminations
  • timecards
  • timeclock information
Yes - It works pretty well for our employees, but for someone with a lot of access to features on Paycor it doesn't work that well