Power BI to reduce BS!
June 01, 2016
Power BI to reduce BS!
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Power BI For Office 365
I've supported Power BI for companies within the job recruiting area. We implemented the software for staff or more importantly the recruiters to upload data such as health care, real estate, IT, hedge funds and law firms to see what markets were most active and how to distribute staff for recruiting needed employees for their clients. There was no problem; it helped my clients focus on the needed markets with the visuals and dashboard so managers and "higher ups" can put together a strategy.
- The dashboard is super easy to use. The GUI is flexible and updates as needed
- Customization was key for individuals and presentation purposes.
- Integration with Office 365 is another plus. The licensing made sense when pitching the proposal when a client is already running Office 365.
- Well in general Microsoft support needs CPR.
- There are bugs such as some items you'd think were allowed on the dashboard are not options however from reading they are continuing to improve these concerns/features.
- Implementation can be finicky depending on how the current environment is configured.
Once the information is in the database updating is pretty smooth. I haven't heard of many complaints. Pulling for external sources appears to be working well with no serious issue. Again information is only as good as the source itself. I may get the occasional squeaky wheel on the data updates and accuracy. However overall the information is solid.
With mobile integration and web access it's extremely convenient for mobile users and remote offices to utilize the tools. Again it is a cloud based product so the huge leverage here is being able to access it anywhere on any device. So sharing data to keep everyone knowledgeable is great. My clients haven't complained and are continuing to learn about the first roll out as they continue to learn the software.
It's very flashy, and cost effective (if you are a gold partner which my clients were so we bundled their packages). It also does a great job compiling printable/email-able PDFs for reference. Another great feature is being able to display statistics on TVs for either internal or external use. It lets everyone know whats going on; being transparent.
Power BI For Office 365 (discontinued) Feature Ratings
Using Power BI For Office 365
30 - Knowledge of Office 365; standard web skills and knowing the clients infrastructure/work flow for resolving day to day needs.
- Internally to manage employees
- To determine future growth and plan how to expand not just the company finances but what staffing/hardware may be needed.
- Following trends to lean what markets are worth pursuing
- Real time reporting for my clients clients
- Helping companies make better financial decisions.