PowerDMS is a powerful tool for accreditation
February 02, 2017

PowerDMS is a powerful tool for accreditation

Leah O'Malley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with PowerDMS

PowerDMS is used daily in our department. It is used to distribute policy, training, and other information.
  • The best feature of PowerDMS is the customer service. The service desk is manned by people who are extremely well-versed in the capabilities of the system and are eager to share their knowledge. I never hesitate to contact PowerDMS with questions.
  • Training is another outstanding feature of PowerDMS. They frequently have webinars over software changes and have training videos available on the site.
  • We use PowerDMS to maintain policy, procedure, training courses, certificates, newsletters and other documents. The search feature allows the user to find documents quickly.
  • I really can't think of areas needing improvement. The features are easy to use and the functionality seems to be designed around my job responsibilities.
  • PowerDMS has provided us with improved organization and ease in finding documents.
  • PowerDMS helps us to ensure all employees have copies of policy/procedure at their fingertips and provides us with electronic sign off sheets.
  • PowerDMS has allowed us to maintain hassle free accreditation files.
We use PowerDMS because of the recommendation of CALEA. We did not review other software packages.
PowerDMS has several features we use. The main two features are maintaining a logical document filing system, and files for accreditation. We also use PowerDMS for training courses and storage of reference materials. The best use for me is the assessment area for accreditation files. Every file is electronic and easy to manage. Using PowerDMS reduces the need for paper files.