Great product, very expensive
Updated May 05, 2020

Great product, very expensive

Overall Satisfaction with PR Newswire

PR Newswire is used across different sectors in our organization, to disseminate press releases to a wide variety of news outlets across the country. We usually recommend clients use this to distibute a big announcement we feel won't get much play with traditional media, but should be seen by a lot of people.
  • Distributes media to a wide range of outlets.
  • Tracks pickup of releases distributed through their service.
  • Very expensive to use.
  • No control over which outlets specifically get the news.
  • Definitely see the impressions ROI.
  • It is definitely a pricey program to use.
I have used PRWeb as the biggest competitor and they both have their positives and negatives. PRWeb is MUCH cheaper, but does not go as wide or to as prominent outlets. PR Newswire is very expensive, but hits all the major print and broadcast outlets which adds up to millions of impressions.
Overall, it's a great product, but it is very expensive. There are cheaper programs out there but they also do not hit as many top-tier outlets as PR Newswire does. I recommend PR Newswire when you have important news that may not get the attention it deserves, and that you want in the hands of top-tier outlets.

Do you think PR Newswire delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with PR Newswire's feature set?

Did PR Newswire live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of PR Newswire go as expected?

Would you buy PR Newswire again?

I think PR Newswire works well when you are trying to get news in front of media that they may normally not cover. It is a great way to get news far and wide. I don't think it works well for a very niche story or one you want to control.